I was in the supermarket.
Buying queen olives.
And there it was. In front of me.
Roasted red pepper & artichoke tapenade. You know, the pre-made kind.
It sounded so good! Especially to a artichoke heart lover like me.
Of course, I didn’t buy the jar.
I bought roasted red pepper and artichoke hearts.
And took out my food processor.
Adaptation of Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade, AllRecipes
- 1 jar (170 ml) roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely chopped (equivalent of 1 bell pepper if you want to roast your own)
- 1 can (398 ml) artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (skip for a vegan tapenade)
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 1 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. If the tapenade is too thick, add some olive oil. I didn’t need to add any. Cover and place in the fridge at least a couple hours. For best flavor, make the day before.
Makes about 2 cups
This tapenade was so good! It has lots of different flavors that go perfectly with each other. The basil is especially great in there! There is a little parmesan cheese but it would be just as good without if you want it to be vegan.