Last night, Diana’s post contained something I found very interesting: tea soup. I had never heard of tea soup and thought it was a great idea to use tea as broth.
A soup made of rice, veggies, seaweed & tofu must be great but I didn’t have time to prepare all this and was eager to try it. So I made one that took less than 15 minutes to make!
- 1 cm piece of ginger root, peeled
- 1 heaping tbsp loose leaf green tea (or use 2-3 tea bags)
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water (150°F-160°F) *see note
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (Asian mix – I used Zen Garden by Europe’s Best)
- 50 g rice noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt or soy sauce, to taste
Directions: Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Cook frozen veggies according to package directions, on the stove-top or in the microwave. 5 minutes before rice noodles are ready, put tea and ginger in a teapot and add boiling water.
Place rice noodles in a big bowl. Top with vegetables and sesame seeds. Pour tea in the boil and season with salt/soy sauce to taste.
Makes 1 serving
*Note: If you don’t have a thermometer (I don’t), a great way to get the (approximate) temperature for green tea is to bring to a boil and let cool 5 minutes.
Going to study!
See you tomorrow!