Prepare to drool.
You are about to see 6 original chocolate chip cookies. And they all look delicious.
Then, you can vote for your favorite (I know, it’s hard) to determine 1 of 2 winners of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge!
1. Cherry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies by Carolyn, All Day I Dream About Food
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or goji berries (if you use goji berries be extra careful of them burning if they’re on the outside of the cookie)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
In mixer on medium speed whip the butter until it’s fluffy and light.
Still on medium, mix in the brown and white sugars until combined (you may need to pause and spatula cause everything can get kind of sticky)
Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture until just combined.
Then, with a wooden spoon, stir in the oats, chocolate chips, goji berries or cranberries according to your taste, and walnuts.
Put heaping spoonfuls on a baking mat or parchment paper and put in a preheated oven for 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cookies are golden on the tops, shifting the trays between racks halfway through.
The more goodies you put in (chocolate, walnuts, etc) the faster they brown so keep an eye on them.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze, Vanilla flavored Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg, then the milk and vanilla.
Stir in the flour mixture; mix well.
Fold in the chocolate chips, cranberries, then the pecans.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto parchment paper covered cookie sheets.
Bake 12-14 minutes or until browned around the edges.
Makes 36 cookies.