Summer and sangria are like two complimentary words. I don’t drink sangria often, but when I have friends over I often make some because I love creating new sangria mixes. So for the dinner I organized so my friends could help me eat my cheesecake, I also made a yummy pitcher of sangria.
Raspberry-Mango Rosé Sangria
- 1 bottle dry rosé wine (I used C’est la Vie! Syrah rosé)
- 1/2 cup raspberry liquor
- 2 tbsp grand marnier
- 1/3 cup mango juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 heaping cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 lime, sliced and quartered
- 1 orange (I used cara cara navel), sliced and quartered
Directions: Put all ingredients in a pitcher, stir and refrigerate for a couple hours, ideally overnight.
This sangria is a perfect hot summer day drink. It is not too sweet, but watch out; it is strong! The flavours of the raspberry and mango with the added touch of the grand marnier are perfect together and the lime and orange add a little zesty bite.