Yesterday I received my first Amazing Grass order! Angela (Oh She Glows) made me want to try the Amazing Meal product: making myself a smoothie in the morning is something that I really love but I have yet to find a protein powder that doesn’t taste awful. Last year, I was using a vanilla Whey Protein powder, but I could only add 1/4 portion or I couldn’t bare the taste!
So one month ago (yes, it took one month to receive my order from California to Montreal), I ordered two 15 servings containers of the new Amazing Meal Vanilla Chai infusion.
I hesitated… The chocolate one seems really good but a chocolate Whey Protein that disgusted me was on my mind. And since I don’t really like cocoa powder in smoothies, I thought it was best to abstain.
The real hesitation was between the Pomegranate Mango Infusion and Vanilla Chai infusion… I decided to go with the vanilla since it has 1 gram sugar compared to 6 grams for the Pomegranate Mango infusion.
Then I opened the container to find a green powder that smelled like grass…
First thought: Eww
Second thought: If 2 cups spinach in a smoothie = something delicious, 1 scoop green grass-scented powder may actually be good.
So this morning I made myself a smoothie. In my single-serving 10$ blender that I love.
Almond milk, 1 scoop Amazing meal, 1 banana, frozen peaches.
Blend, and here is a smoothie… Looks a lot like a green monster, doesn’t it?
I usually drink my smoothie straight from the blender (it was made for that purpose). Less dishes = happy me.
The flavor was surprising at first but by the second sip it was delicious and then everything was in my stomach ;).
Amazing Meal Vanilla Chai Infusion Review
- 10 g protein
- 6 g fiber
- Green SuperFoods: wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa, kale
- Organic Super Fruits: goji, açaí berries
- Source of chlorophyll, antioxidants and essential fatty acids
- 100% whole food nutrition – no fillers or isolated vitamin
- Taste: Sweet, subtle vanilla flavor
- Texture: stays a little powdery when blended, maybe blending with the milk before adding the other ingredients could help (*Note – tried blending with milk before and with a hand blender and both were not powdery)
- Fullness factor: Keeps you full until lunch (5 hours), if eating a small snack.
Verdict: it’s a keeper!